Sunday, October 19, 2008

Greetings!

I am making this new blog because I just thought it was entirely too weird to have my food blog and my political rants on the same page. So welcome to my kitchen :)

Since my favorite hobby is cooking (and completely bastardizing Rachael Ray's recipes) but I am too far away from my family and friends to cook for them on a regular basis, I figure I will use my little place on the blogosphere to share stories and images of my meals. Mike and I agree that presentation is key and that nicely plated food just tastes better, but since it is just the two of us, we don't really get a chance for others to see it. We will try to post photos of some of our successes (maybe some failures too so that they can be a how NOT to do something) so that others can see what we create. I think that sometimes I get a little obsessive about plating things nicely - it IS just the 2 of us after all, but I think it will come in handy one day when we get out of school, have jobs and have to entertain. Anyhoo, keep an eye out for my creations...

No comments: