Sunday, October 19, 2008

Spinach and Artichoke Dip


Well, last week, I learned that Cosmo is good for something other than the obvious. On my day off last week, I was sitting on the couch, minding my own business and reading Cosmo. I knew I was going to make dinner (a REALLY awesome rosemary, honey-dijon chicken - more on that one next time I make it), but I didn't plan on anything else. Lo and behold, there was a recipe in the magazine. Apparently, Katie Lee Joel (Billy Joel's wife) has a new cookbook out and this is one of the recipes. Here is a link to the recipe: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/05/06/earlyshow/contributors/main4073548.shtml I substituted fat-free cream cheese and mayo and used Weight Watchers mozzarella and I think it came out splendid. Mike agreed that it was definitely something to do again - especially for company. I got a disposable foil pan (1.5 quart) so that I wouldn't have to worry about scrubbing the container. To dip it, I just got a wheat baguette, which I sliced and toasted in the oven (pizza stone, good for more than pizza). Below are some photos of the spread put together:

No comments: