Sunday, July 11, 2010

Chicken in Garlic-Vinegar Sauce


I can't take any credit at all for this dish. I didn't even alter anything in the recipe - other than that I think next time (and there WILL be a next time for this dish), I might make more sauce and mix it in with some rice for a side dish. And I might start checking it at 40 mins instead of going the whole 50 mins so that the chicken has at least a little chance of staying on the bone long enough to plate the dish (this will be especially true if I make it for company). Oh yeah, and I used fat free sour cream instead of reduced fat.

There isn't much to write about this one other than it is supremely, awesomely delicious. It looks and tastes decadent but it really isn't. And it looks like it might be a difficult dish so people you serve it to will (most likely) be impressed. But the most time consuming part is skinning the chicken, peeling the garlic and dicing the shallot. Other than that, this is pretty much a set it and forget it kind of meal (except for the 1st & last steps - but those are fast). Anyhow, all I can say about this one is YUM!

I served it with our favorite couscous salad and steamed asparagus drizzled with EVOO & balsamic vinegar. I love the taste of the vinegar & asparagus. I think I need to get a balsamic reduction to drizzle next time so that it sticks to the asparagus better. I will buy it rather than make it since it is entirely too time consuming to make a balsamic reduction (believe me, I have tried).

Here's the link so that I don't have to retype the whole recipe: http://www.delish.com/recipefinder/chicken-in-garlic-vinegar-sauce-recipe-6754

No comments: