Wednesday, February 3, 2010

getting in the way back machine


Since I have been delinquent in my postings, we will now have to take a trip in the way back machine to Thanksgiving. One of the traditions in our house (mainly because I am such a dork) is taking a picture of our Thanksgiving table once all the food is on it. This started our 2nd Thanksgiving together because it was the 1st time either of us had ever made a turkey. Since we didn't really know what we were doing or what to expect, we were VERY pleasantly surprised that it came out so good (trust me folks, the turkey bag is the way to go!!). I have never liked turkey in the past but I LOVE our turkey. Seriously, it is the only turkey I have ever really gotten excited about. Must be the fact that we make something that is relatively healthy a lot less healthy once we add all the "extras" to season it (you'll see what I mean if you keep reading) Anyhow, here is Thanksgiving 2009:

Here are the details of the menu:
  • Turkey seasoned with olive oil, oregano and garlic and stuffed with garlic, lemon, asiago cheese, romano cheese & parmesan cheese
  • Mashed sweet potatoes
  • Caesar salad
  • Whole berry cranberry sauce (yes, I use the canned one. maybe one year I will be brave enough to try making it from scratch. maybe this will be the year...)
  • Gravy (again, jarred - from Williams-Sonoma. I have made gravy in the past but there is just never enough juice to make enough gravy so I rely on the jar)
  • Crescent rolls
It was super yummy and the 18lb turkey barely made it through the weekend (and there were only 3 of us for dinner and 2 of us for the leftovers).

No comments: