Monday, February 22, 2010

why you shouldn't let facebook interfere with your cooking

If you read my grilled cheese post, you will see that I said you don't need to leave the sandwich cooking for very long. Well, in case you didn't read it or didn't understand the consequences of leaving the sandwich on for just a shade too long, this is the result of about an extra 30-60 seconds of cooking:

Seriously, this happened in the time it took me to walk to my computer, comment on someone's status (a brief comment even, not one of my standard diatribes) and walk back to the stove - and the stove wasn't even on medium, it was just a little shy of medium (on the lower side). My house isn't that big. I can get from the computer to the stove in about 10 steps - not even big ones, just normal steps. So please heed my warning. Just like drinking & driving or driving and texting, or even drinking and texting for that matter, cooking and Facebooking just don't mix.

Again, I am here to learn all the lessons the hard way so that you don't have to...

No comments: