Wednesday, February 3, 2010

lunch 2/3/10

yeah, i know it's not a really interesting title but if i tell you too much in the title, you might not read the posting. i bet you are really intrigued and dying to find out what i made for lunch today. see, there is a method to my madness.

lunch today was tostadas , or what you can do with leftovers to make them more fun. and the recipe is easy peasy!

Ingredients:
  • tortillas (i used corn)
  • refried beans
  • taco meat (for my non-meat eating friends,veggie crumbles work well. i have used them in the past and they still make an awesome tostada)
  • cheese
  • toppings of your choice
Directions:
Toast the tortillas in the oven @ 400 degrees (give or take) until crispy (i did this on my pampered chef pizza stone for a nice crispy shell). Heat up the beans (BE CAREFUL if you do this in the micro as beans + microwave = explosion when you take it out. trust me, i learned this one the hard way) and the meat. Once the tortillas are done to your liking (keep an eye on them while they are cooking), top them with a layer of beans, a layer of meat and a layer of cheese. Pop them back in the oven for a minute or so to melt the cheese. Remove from oven and top with sour cream and/or any other toppings you might want to use. Enjoy!

Note that this is not a meal that does well when eaten at your computer while trying to update your blog. Trust me, again, this is a lesson I learned for you :-)

Now if I had only thought to buy some pudding while I was at the grocery store, i would be a happy girl...

No comments: