Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Breakfast!!!!

I love food! That is a fact that is well established. What I don't love is gaining weight (or being overweight). What started me on this journey to discovering my love of cooking was when I started trying to lose an extra 50 lbs I had gained since graduating high school (trust me on this one folks. some of you knew me before Weight Watchers. for those of you who didn't know me then, I will be more than happy to share the pics with you). In Jan 2007, I joined Weight Watchers. For someone who loves to eat, trying to lose weight can be HARD. I quickly learned that the only way this weight loss would happen was if I found a way to replace the food I love with healthier equivalents. I had to satisfy my cravings. So I started experimenting and getting adventurous. I discovered a lot of things that I never knew I liked. One of those things is the vegetarian alternatives to may favorite breakfast foods. You would think veggie sausage wouldn't be any good, but you would be wrong. I have been making a lot of omelettes lately. This past weekend, I decided that we needed to have sausage & cheese omelettes and bacon for breakfast on Sunday. This is why I love the veggie sausage and fakin' bacon.

You can reproduce breakfast at Denny's for a fraction of the cost and a fraction of the calories and fat. The omelette is Egg Beaters, veggie sausage (Light Life Gimme Lean sausage), & 2% cheddar cheese. The bacon is Morningstar Farms. I had a little sausage left over, so I decided to top the omelette with it just to make things a little prettier.

No comments: