Sunday, April 25, 2010

Rotisserie!!!


Recently, we have been eating a lot of rotisserie chicken...a lot! $4.99 at the grocery, bring it home and dinner is practically ready, not a bad deal. One day not too long ago, hubby said, "I would like to have a rotisserie." Me, being the good wife that I am, when hubby says he wants something, it usually miraculously appears in our house as a present for the next holiday or, if no holiday is near, simply an "I love you" gift. Conveniently, we had received a gift card to Bed, Bath and Beyond as a belated wedding gift. So the very next day after hubby made his wish, I trotted down to BBB...ok, i actually drove but, whatevs...and searched high and low to no avail. But, if you ask the right people... A very kind gentleman in the bridal registry area sat me down at his computer and, lo and behold, there was a beautiful matte stainless Cuisinart rotisserie...so I ordered it. It was a little more than I wanted to spend but the gift card took half the cost. I realized that I had a 20% off coupon at home (good place for it when I am at the store buying things) AND then they were charging me for shipping (the free shipping if you order from the store is apparently only applicable if it is something they normally carry in the store but are out of - this is a good thing to know). I had already had a convo with the guy about the coupon and he said I could come back with it and they would price adjust and refund the difference. Then I said "I thought there was no shipping if you order it from the store," to which the gentleman replied with the previously mentioned rule. BUT, he was nice and put a mysterious 20% coupon into the system, so I got the % off anyways. I did have to pay $15 for shipping, but that still meant I got $25 off the rotisserie. And, anyone who knows me knows that I get REALLY excited about saving money. Even after tax, I still saved a little bit. And some is better than none to the girl who doesn't like to pay retail for anything.

Anyhoo, I love love love my rotisserie. And I am getting pretty good at trussing a chicken. I don't know if I am doing it quite right, but the wings and legs do stay in their place and don't flop all over while the chicken is spinning. And it does look oh so pretty when I take it out (before I dissect it). I would highly recommend it to anyone who loves rotisserie chicken like we do. We also made scallops in it. The scallops on skewers was an utter rotisserie FAIL but if you make them in the basket, they are YUMMY! Next up is a leg of lamb.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ugh. I've only trussed a chicken ONCE and it was ridiculous. >:( I don't like ripping out their organs and sticking my hand up their butts. I very much want for someone ELSE to do that for me. But yeah, the bird remained intact and turned out pretty good. :) I baked it because we don't have a rotisserie, but whatever. I like to toss in veggies whenever I bake a chicken (especially in a crock pot, if I'm making meat in there) because they marinate in the chicken's juices and taste lovely.

Mmm. I need to find more people that don't tiptoe around the whole Muslim thing and freely invite me to Thanksgiving or whatever, because I love baked/roasted/whatever birds. :D And now you've got me wanting a rotisserie. >:(